Cause: Human Rights
Location: New York, NY
Role: Design, Creative
About Human Rights Watch
Human Rights Watch is dedicated to defending and protecting human rights. By focusing international attention where human rights are violated, they give voice to the oppressed and hold oppressors accountable for their crimes through rigorous investigations and strategic advocacy.
About the Job
The Creative team in the Development and Outreach Department of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking an Associate to support the branding, graphic design, and photography efforts of the department. This full-time position is based in New York and reports to the Director, Donor Engagement, also based in New York.
Human Rights Watch is an international, human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, incisive and timely reporting, innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions. Headquartered in the Empire State Building, we work in some 100 countries to amplify the voices of those unheard.
1. Track and respond to creative requests from global Development and Outreach staff in a timely manner, primarily through an electronic ticketing system;
2. Track project management of creative deliverables and monitor deadlines;
3. Liaise with merchandise vendors, place orders for branded merchandise, and ensure prompt shipments to relevant staff;
4. Coordinate process for providing photos and photo captions for creative materials;
5. Assist with the production of Voices for Justice annual dinner collateral and the organization’s Annual Report, including developing and maintaining of project timelines, listing supporters and staff accurately, and ensuring smooth distribution;